TEDxManitoba has a date and home!
When: June 12, 2014
Where: Tom Hendry Warehouse Theatre, 140 Rupert Avenue
TEDxManitoba Announces Speaker Line-up
Winnipeg, Manitoba – May 6, 2014 – TEDxManitoba has completed the speaker selection process and has assembled a diverse, creative and distinct group of speakers for the June 12th event at the Tom Hendry Warehouse Theatre.
Hosted by emcees, Aisha and Ismaila Alfa, TEDxManitoba 2014 will be a day full of big ideas, passionate stories, life reflections, insights and expertise.
The 2014 TEDxManitoba speakers include: (subject to change)
- Ali Ashtari, PhD: Head of Research at Invenia and Canadian immigrant
- Brian Bowman: Partner with Winnipeg's Pitblado Law
- Angela Cassie: Director, Communications and External Relations at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights
- Pay Chen: Toronto-based radio and television host, producer and writer
- David Gingera: Founder and President of urban agriculture venture CitiGrow
- Althea Guiboche: Winnipeg single parent, poet and author battling homelessness and poverty
- Joe Kalturynk: Founding director of RAW:Gallery of Architecture and Design and Founding partner and designer of RAW:almond 2013/14
- Jo MacDonald: Winnipeg educator
- Andrew John Milne: Winnipeg artist technologist
- Leif Norman: Full time commercial and event photographer
- Sandi Reimer: Administrative professional for the Province of Manitoba and inspirational runner
- David Samborski: Engineer and writer
- Nick Skytland: Houston-based open innovation, data and technology consultant
- Chris Summerville: CEO of the Schizophrenia Society and Executive Director of the Manitoba Schizophrenia Society
- Ted Geddert: Builder of well-designed and architecturally inspiring prefab houses
Those interested in attending TEDxManitoba on June 12th and contributing meaningfully to the conversation, are encouraged to complete the TEDxManitoba guest application form. As the TEDxManitoba event has a limited seating capacity, there is a "mask review" of each application based on the answers submitted and not by the person’s name. Identifying information is removed before the selection even begins so the seats are filled with a diverse and inspired audience. The deadline for applying is May 16th.Stay connected: www.tedxmanitoba.com www.twitter.com/TEDxManitoba www.facebook.com/tedxmanitoba www.youtube.com/user/TEDxManitoba
Interested in Sponsorship?
Check out the sponsor opportunities
What is TEDx?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxManitoba, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxManitoba event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.